On the Aggreto blog, we have talked a lot about the social wall. Now mostly everyone knows about the social wall. But social walls are incomplete without digital screens. So, here we are going to discuss how you can run it on social media displays such as TV monitors, projector screens, billboards, jumbotron or any digital screens.
But before starting this blog. If you are one of them who know nothing or less about the social wall. Then don’t worry, come let’s give it a quick recap so you can understand about social wall concept.
Social wall is also known as social media wall, it is an aggregation form of social media feeds from multiple social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr, etc using a social media aggregator. In other words, you can pull together all social media feeds (user-generated content) using the hashtag, handle from various social media networks at one place known as the social wall. You can display this social wall on any digital screen during events like conferences, weddings, music fest, trade shows, etc.
Now you have enough knowledge to use a social wall for your event or business. If you wish to learn more about it then you may read the following useful blogs:
How to display Social Wall (social media feeds) on Big Screens
There are many various ways available by using them you can display your social wall on digital screen. Before displaying social media feeds on the TV screen, you need to create a social wall. If you haven’t done it yet then click here to sign up on Aggreto and create a live social wall right now. If you have already created a social wall then move on to the next step –
You can use two types of Technologies to display social media feeds on TV screens:
Let’s start –
1. Display Social Media Feeds on TV Screen using Wireless Technology
Wireless technology allows you to establish a connection or transmit data over the air without using cables and wires. There are many wireless devices available in the market that will help you transfer your data over the air and allow you to display social media wall on TV screens.
1. Amazon Fire Tv Stick
Allow you to access your favorite TV shows, movies, subscription services, music, photos, and games anytime. Simply plug it in your TV’s HDMI port stream your content over Wi-Fi.
Steps to setup Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter
- Plug the other end into the Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Plug the Amazon Fire Stick in your TV’s HDMI port
- Plug the power adapter into an electric outlet
- Follow the instructions, press the Home button on your Fire TV Stick remote
- Now press Play/Pause button on remote
- Select a suitable language
- Select your Wi-Fi network and connect it to your Wi-fi
- Select register or create an account
- Login with Amazon login ID and click Next. or If you have chosen “Create an Account”, then create an ID
- Setup your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV set setting
Steps to display social wall using Amazon Fire Stick:
- Launch Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen
- Search Amazon Silk Browser or Mozilla Firefox
- Download and Install a browser
- Open the browser and enter the Social Wall URL
- Done. Enjoy your social wall on TV Screen
2. Google Chromecast
Chromecast is one of the streaming devices. Plug it into your TV and access multiple streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and Google Play. It allows you to share content from your Chrome browser to the big screen.
Steps to setup Google Chromecast:
- Plug the Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI port
- Plug the USB Micro into the Google Chromecast
- Plug the other end into the power adapter or TV’s USB port
- Connect your Chromecast and your apps on the same Wi-Fi network
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile device, tablet, or laptop
- Open the Google Home app by tapping the app icon on your mobile device, tablet, or laptop
- Tap Get Started or find the device card >> Set up
- Choose which Google Account that you want to link to Chromecast. Tab OK
- Select Devices in Google Home app and Set Up all things
Steps to display social wall using Google Chromecast:
- On your computer, open Chrome and run Social Wall URL
- At the top right, click more >> Cast
- Choose your Chromecast device where you want to see the social wall
Additionally, you can download Google Chrome from Apps and run your Social Wall URL on that browser.
3. Smart TVs
Smart TV can access Wi-Fi and run the apps just like a smartphone. It is an internet-connected TV that gives you many features like on-demand content, streaming service or allow you to connect with laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. Supports Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth and flash memory.
Steps to display social wall using Smart TV:
- Connect your Smart TV to the Internet
- Open App Store and search a suitable browser
- Download and install browser application such as Chrome or Mozilla on Smart TV
- Open Browser, enter your Social Wall URL in the web URL box
Additionally, you can mirror your computer or laptop screen on your Smart TV screen.
- Connect your smart TV and laptop on the same network
- Press Home button under Apps, select Screen Mirroring on Smart TV
- Follow the on-screen directions and complete the setup
- Now turn on Computer’ Wi-Fi setting
- Click on the Start button then select Settings
- In Settings, click Devices
- In Devices, select the connected device and click on Add devices
- Select the Model number of your Smart TV
- Now you can cast your computer screen on TV and display your social wall
4. Apple TV
It is a small box device that allows you to connect your TV using HDMI port. You can watch streaming services from the Internet or can mirror the screen from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your TV.
Steps to setup Apple TV:
- Plug your Apple TV into power
- Connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable
- Select the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to
- Choose your language and country, and turn on Siri
- When the setup is completed, you’ll see the Home screen
- Tap the App Store app on your Home screen
- Browse or search for the browser that you want to download, then tap the app
- Tap Get and download the app. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID
- After Installing the browser, open it and run your Social Wall URL
Additionally, you can mirror your Mac screen on your TV screen.
- Click on the AirPlay icon from the menu bar at the top of the screen on your Mac
- Choose your Apple TV from the options
- Enter an AirPlay code for the Apple TV (You will find this code on the TV screen attached to the Apple TV)
- Done. Now drag your Safari (or other browsers) window over to the Apple TV screen
- Now Enter your Social Wall URL and display your social media feeds on TV Screen.
2. Display Social Media Feeds on TV Screen using Wired Technology
Wired technology allows us to establish a connection or transmit data using physical paths such as cables and wires. There are many Wired technologies available in the market that will help you transfer your data and allow you to display social media wall on TV monitors.
1. HDMI Cable
HDMI cables allow you to connect your laptop to your TV to stream your content. With HDMI cables, you can mirror your laptop screen on TV screens. You just need to buy an HDMI cable to establish a connection between your laptop and TV.
Steps to Connect and display social wall on TV screen using HDMI Cable:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the computer and another one to your TV
- Use the TV remote to select the HDMI source on the TV
- Click the Start menu on your Computer
- Click the Settings icon.
- Now click on systems.
- Then click on Display.
- Scroll down and click Detect.
- After making a connection, drag your Computer window on your TV screen
- Now run your social wall on the browser, it will display on the TV screen as well.
2. VGA Cable
VGA Cables are another mostly used and direct way to establish a connection between laptop and TV. It allows you to stream your Video Graphic Array or media content on TV screen from a laptop.
Steps to Connect and display social wall on TV screen using VGA Cable:
- Connect one end of the VGA cable to the PC compatible port and another one to your TV
- Click Start on your PC. Then select Control Panel
- Click Display. Then click on Adjust Resolution
- Select TV option from drop down window
- Done. Connection setup successfully
- Now open your browser on Computer and run your social wall URL.
Through this blog, we have shared a complete step by step guide to display your social media feeds on TV screens using various technologies. So, what is it that holding you back? Create a social media wall for your events, conference, offices and display your user-generated content for business marketing to your audience using social displays. Share your social stories to increase brand authenticity and build trust among people.